Furnaces / other CVD
For growth of materials, pyrolysis and other vacuum / gas based heat treatments, Cardiff Diamond Foundry has several furnaces configured for CVD growth:
1) Custom Inconel tube furnace with full conflat / VCR fittings and high temperature bubbler. Gas lines access to H2, CH4, Ar and N2 direct to furnace or through bubbler. The bubbler currently contains HfCl4 and the system is mostly used for Hafnium Carbide growth. Room temperature to 1200ºC operation. Full Labview automation for Chemical Vapour Deposition.
2) Alumina or quartz tube vacuum furnace (differentially pumped o-ring sealed) with gas access to H2, CH4, Ar and N2 direct to furnace. Room temperature to 1600ºC operation, 10-5 mbar to atmosphere. Full Labview automation for Chemical Vapour Deposition / pyrolysis.
3) UHV vacuum based furnace with H2 / O2 / Ar / N2 gas lines and UV light facilities. Room temperature to 1200ºC operation. Currently under modification for in-situ stress measurements and spectroscopic ellipsometry.
4) Quartz tube furnace for ambient or vacuum annealing, Room temperature to 1200ºC operation.
5) UHV based vacuum furnace with hybrid atom / ion beam source (under construction).
High temperature bubbler